This INTENSIVE fetal ultrasound course is designed for obstetricians who do their own ultrasound examinations, and who want to take their fetal scanning to the next level. The course is run from Friday to Sunday to minimize the time away from your practice.
It is a 3 day course focusing on the 3 trimesters with each lecture followed by hands on training by the Maternal and Fetal Medicine Team and genetic counsellor in small groups to give you a practical, yet scientifically funded course.
This is NOT a beginner’s course. If you need help in the basics of obstetrical ultrasound, this course is NOT for you.
You will receive material to work through beforehand – ensure that you have the time for study beforehand to maximize your benefit during this course.
Day 1 is all about the first trimester:
- Learn and practice what is important in first trimester ultrasound for the general obstetrician.
- Learn how to counsel the pregnant woman about the different first trimester screening options.
- Learn and practice how to screen for pre-eclampsia in the first trimester.
Day 2 concentrates on the 2nd Trimester:
- Learn and practice how to do a detail fetal assessment scan
Day 3 is all about the third trimester:
- Learn and practice knobology and how to optimize your ultrasound settings
- Learn and practice what you how to evaluate the fetal anatomy in the third trimester
- Learn and practice how to screen for and manage growth restriction in the third trimester
- Learn and practice when to refer for a fetal medicine evaluation
- Learn to counsel a pregnant woman with a serious fetal anomaly
Click on “ADD TO CART” above to register
PLACES ARE STRICTLY LIMITED DUE TO THE HANDS ON TRAINING. Your booking will be complete once payment is received. No refunds for cancelations.
PROGRAM: The provisional program is as follows (and subject to change without notice):